Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday


   Up bright and early today with lots to do!!!  Its Work in Progress Wednesday everybody!!! What do you have on your hooks??? Here's one project I just started a day ago for an order.



I just love watching this work up!! I love the way the colors work together so neatly and well. I have another project on the horizon- a bit more complicated-using this technique, and simply cannot wait to get it started now that I have this technique down!


  Here is the picture that inspired this order:


 Cute, huh?

   Well, besides work in progress, Wednesday means I'll be off to church this evening-a favorite thing of mine. Homeschooling my daughter takes up my afternoon, but then I have a cardiologist appointment later this morning, and I was hoping to make it to church early today to begin making posters with the overhead projector for the Vacation Bible Time class I will be teaching at the end of June. (Its always nice to start on projects early, so there's no unnecessary rushing around the last week trying to fit it all in.) I also have dinner to make-which must be made early if I am to make it to the church early, so off I go to a busy day, trying to fit it all in!!

 
 Have a LOVEly day everyone!
Love all you do, and those you have, with all your heart!  

4 comments:

Kristine Mullen said...

You got that far in one day? Good for you. That's awesome! I had no idea there was a real M & M afghan. Just thought someone made it up for the cartoon.

I also read your VBS post, and I agree. My kids love VBS and we actually have to plan vacation around it so they don't miss it. I also homeschool, so it sounds like we have even more than crochet & VBS in common. :)

Creative Creations by Vicki said...

I love meeting new "like-minded" home schooling, and crocheting friends! So neat!
My son's friend saw the M&M man knitting picture through facebook, and asked if I could make one like it for him. Its not from a pattern or anything-I just took the idea and ran with it. Cute, huh? I just downloaded an M from one of the M&M guys onto graph paper. I use that as my guide for the stitches. So, perhaps it is an original.
Due to my busy schedule, I must confess however, I have not had a chance to get any more done than those two days worth. :(
In time, in time.He is not expecting it right away, thank goodness. he knows it may be some time before he gets it.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a great blanket!!!!! Is there a chance that you might be selling a pattern for fairly new but determined crocheters like me??? I would be soooooo interested in this pattern as I have a lovely granddaughter that everything is M&M.... Thank-you for any information you might have...ps. you have a really great site...

Creative Creations by Vicki said...

I'm sure I could!! Just not sure when I could get it put together. Are you in need of it by any certain time, or if it were a few weeks, would that be ok with you? The blanket as on now consists of only half double crochet, and changing the colors, which I could explain easily on the pattern. :)