These dainty, bright, detailed dish cloths work up quickly and beautifully when using both acrylic or cotton yarns.
Acrylic yarns create durable cloths with superior scrub-ability, while cotton cloths can be doubled as face cloths as well, adding an element of simple elegance or sunshiny fun!
These cloths are created using size I hooks and medium worsted weight acrylic yarn orcotton yarn with their corresponding size hooks.
Note: Joins are worked with slip stitches. Be sure to count the number of stitches at the end of the rows.
1. In magic circle, work 7 sc. Join.
2. ch1, work 2 sc in same sp & each sc around. join. (14 sc)
3. ch3, hdc in same sp, sk1 sc, ch1, *(hdc,ch1,hdc) in next sc, sh 1 sc, ch1, repeat from * around. Join.(14 ch-1 sps & 14 hdc)
4. ch1, 2sc in same sp, sc in next st, *2sc in next, 1 sc in next 2 stitches, repeat from * around. (37 sc)
5. ch3 dc in same sp, * sk 1 sc, (dc, ch1, dc) in next sc, repeat from * around. Join to 3rd ch.(19 ch-1 (sps)
6. ch1, sc in same sp, sc, *(2sc in dc, sc in next 4dc) repeat from * around. Join to 1st sc. (68 sc)
7. ch1, (sc, ch3, sk 1 sc) around. Join to 1st sc. (34 ch-3 sps)
8. sl st 1X to land in ch-3 sp, ch4, dc in same sp, * (dc, ch2, dc) in next ch-3 sp, repeat from * around.(34 ch-2 sps)
9. sc in next ch-2 sp, ch3, sc in same sp, repeat around. Finish off, and weave in ends.
Have a LOVEly day!