These dainty, bright, detailed dish cloths work up quickly and beautifully when using both acrylic or cotton yarns.
Acrylic yarns create durable cloths with superior scrub-ability, while cotton cloths can be doubled as face cloths as well, adding an element of simple elegance or sunshiny fun!
These cloths are created using size I hooks and medium worsted weight acrylic yarn orcotton yarn with their corresponding size hooks.
Note: Joins are worked with slip stitches in top of first stitch of each round.
Be sure to count the number of stitches at the end of the rows.
1. In magic circle, work 7 sc. Join with slip stich to top of 1st sc.
2. ch1, work 2 sc in same sp & each sc around. join. (14 sc)
3. ch3 (counts as 1 hdc and 1 ch st for this round), hdc in same sp, [ch 1, sk1 sc, (hdc,ch1,hdc) in next sc]6x, ch 1, join.(14 ch-1 sps & 14 hdc)
4. ch1, 2sc in same sp, sc in next st, *2sc in next stitch, 1 sc in next 2 stitches, repeat from * around. Join. (36 sc)
5. ch4 (counts as 1 dc & 1 ch-1 sp), dc in same sp, * sk 1 sc, (dc, ch1, dc) in next sc, repeat from * around. Join to 3rd chain of beg. ch-4. (18 ch-1 sps)
6. ch1, sc in same sp, sc in ch-1 sp, *2sc in next stitch, sc in next 4 sts, repeat from * around, ending w 2 sc in 2nd to last stitch of row. Join to 1st sc. (64 sc)
7. ch1, sc in same sp, (ch3, sk 1 sc, sc in next sc) around. Join to 1st sc. (32 ch-3 sps)
8. sl st 1X to land in ch-3 sp, ch4, dc in same sp, * (dc, ch2, dc) in next ch-3 sp, repeat from * around.(32 ch-2 sps)
9. ch 1, *sc in next ch-2 sp, ch3, sc in same sp, repeat from * around. Finish off, and weave in ends.
Have a LOVEly day!